These mushrooms are scrumptious on their own, but they’re even better served with an easy dipping sauce of 1⁄2 cup sour cream, the juice of one lime, and salt and pepper to taste.
Print Recipe Spanish Style Stuffed Mushrooms - Marijuana Recipes
1. Prepare the mushrooms. Remove and finely chop the stems, and set them aside. Lightly coat each mushroom with oil, sprinkle them with salt and pepper, and lay them cap side up on a baking sheet.
2. In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sausage, and cook, breaking it up with a spoon into small pieces, until all the pink has disappeared, 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the chopped mushroom stems, green onion, garlic, and jalapeño and cook until the stems are tender, 2 to 3 minutes more.
4. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the canna-oil, mixing thoroughly for 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the tomato, bread crumbs, Neufchâtel, cotija, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Fill the mushroom caps with 11⁄2 tablespoons each of the sausage mixture.
7. Bake the mushrooms until they are tender and the filling is golden brown on top, about 20 minutes.
8. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve.